Thursday, February 2, 2012

Welcome to Action Figure Planet!

DC Comics versus Marvel Comics

Action Figures is one of my long lost hobby that was only re-ignited when I transferred to Metro Manila. Coming from a small but dynamic city, my toy hunting past time was cut short due to the scarcity of Superhero themed action figures. It seemed that toy shops in Cagayan de Oro doesn't carry a wide variety of action figures, hence I had to bid goodbye to this hobby. But having moved to Metro Manila, it open the flood gates to re-ignite the fire inside. In a span of 2 years, I have amassed 100 plus action figures of different varieties ranging from DC, Marvel, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Music Icons, Asian Martial Arts Icons, and other figures that suited my fancy. I started out as a vintage collector that was in the hunt for toy lines that I used to have as a kid. For DC (I'm more of a DC fan than a Marvel fan), I was fixated on completing the Total Justice toy line that was produced by Kenner. For Marvel on the other hand, I was on a mission of completing the main X-men Characters from the Toybiz X-men line. As more and more figures were bought, I stumbled upon the amazing sculpt work and articulation of the 6 inch DC Direct, DC Universe Classics, and Marvel Legends line. This became some sort of a calling to me to build a Superhero Universe for both DC and Marvel. Thus, my insatiable appetite for acquiring all of the most important characters of both universes began. After 2 years time, a universe was born. Pictured above (click photo to zoom in) is my entire DC and Marvel Universe composed of carefully chosen figures that would represent the major characters of both Universes. DC is on the left, Marvel is on the right. Top most shelves are the the vintage Kenner Total Justice and Toybiz X-men (as well as a mix of 5" Spiderman Movie figures). For the future posts that I'm doing, i'll be setting free each one of these figures and do a little Character introduction. Maybe down the line I could create my own Action Figure Universe story lines. That's also praying that laziness won't get the best of me. So I invite those of you who enjoys looking at action figures and wants to get to know the characters to join me in this ride. Welcome to my ACTION FIGURE PLANET :D

2 comments:

  1. Nice start! Hope to see more of your toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm kinda new at this. Hopefully you could give me tips how I could make this site more navigation friendly hehe.Will try to update this as regularly as possible. :)

      Delete