Sunday, June 16, 2013

Toy Con 2013

 ToyCon 2013 for me was short and sweet. Went on the first evening and checked out the stalls but couldn't find any action figures worth buying. I did spot some vintage action figures that I wanted to purchase unfortunately my time was short (that's the reason why I wasn't able to take some photos), and when I returned, the stalls were already closed. But I did managed to snag some great finds. Check out my hauls below.


Superman: Secret Origin

I've been eyeing Superman: Secret Origins for quite sometime ever since I missed out on this both in Hard Cover format and in Trade Paperback form. I recently saw a Trade Paper Back form but it was priced at P1,000 (approximately $20+). So when I saw the complete set of singles at a reasonable price of P600 (approx $15), I knew I had to get him. Secret Origins very much feels like a Superman Comic Book with Christopher Reeve as Superman. I love Gary Frank's art and Geoff Johns new take on Superman's Origin. But alas, this Origin story did not stay long as this Superman was replaced by a younger version via DC's New 52 relaunch. So far I've got Byrne's Man of Steel Origin Story, Mark Waid's Birthright Origin Story, Jerry Seigel and Joe Shuster's Original Origin Story, and Jeph Loeb's Superman For All Seasons. So essentially I've have in my collection the different Superman Origin Stories. Now I'm contemplating if I should get the New 52 Superman's Origin Story.  


Various titles

I also got some Justice League one shots. Lately I've been trying to acquire some JL titles too boost my JL collections. I'm focusing on One shots as I don't want to get started in building a JL comic book collection. Spider-Man is a sore thumb there, and I'm disappointed that this is my second copy. I forgot that I already had this one. I also got the promotional comic book Heroes for Hunger which was originally intended to raise funds to help alleviate Famine in Africa. In this issue, we have Superman and Batman team up against an Alien Master who desires the desolation caused by the world's hunger problems. It's a cool bronze age book that I think I need to have.

So I guess it's off to the next Toy Event for me. Let's see If I could get some luck digging some Action Figures in the next Toy Event.





No comments:

Post a Comment